The Gallagher Way
Leaders where it counts. Helping to face the future with Confidence.
While the world of Gallagher is ever expanding and evolving, we remain rooted in the principles that have informed our actions every day for generations. In 1984, then Chairman and CEO, Bob Gallagher, took time to write them down in his own hand.
These shared values built us. They guide us. They inspire us.
The Gallagher Way of doing business defines our shared values, corporate culture and passion for excellence. We believe in running our business with integrity, and pride ourselves on a culture that embodies our client-first values. We strike to improve the environment, social and economic aspects of the communities in which we live and work through teamwork, innovation and leadership.
We work together as a team and harness our collective strengths to support our clients, business partners and each other.
We encourage creativity, resourcefulness and entrepreneurship to generate practical solutions that create client value and support business growth.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We take our responsibility as corporate citizens very seriously and make positive contributions to the communities in which we live and work.
Our focus is on people, not products. With our knowledge, insight and action, we help clients see the potential and not risk.
We demonstrate leadership in business and promote the professional development of our teammates to achieve their full potential.
Maintaining the highest standards in integrity and ethical practices has been a major pillar of our success.
The Gallagher Way — Shared Values
Shared Values at Gallagher are the rock foundation of the Company and our Culture. What is a Shared Value? These are concepts that the vast majority of the movers and shakers in the Company passionately adhere to. What are some of Gallagher's Shared Values?
01. We are a Sales and Marketing Company dedicated to providing excellence in Risk Management Services to our clients.
02. We support one another. We believe in one another. We acknowledge and respect the ability of one another.
03. We push for professional excellence.
04. We can all improve and learn from one another.
05. There are no second-class citizens – everyone is important and everyone's job is important.
06. We're an open society.
07. Empathy for the other person is not a weakness.
08. Suspicion breeds more suspicion. To trust and be trusted is vital.
09. Leaders need followers. How leaders treat followers has a direct impact on the effectiveness of the leader.
10. Interpersonal business relationships should be built.
11. We all need one another. We are all cogs in a wheel.
12. No department or person is an island.
13. Professional courtesy is expected.
14. Never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself.
15. I consider myself support for our Sales and Marketing. We can't make things happen without each other. We are a team.
16. Loyalty and respect are earned – not dictated.
17. Fear is a turn-off.
18. People skills are very important at Gallagher.
19. We're a very competitive and aggressive Company.
20. We run to problems – not away from them.
21. We adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical behaviour.
22. People work harder and are more effective when they're turned on – not turned off.
23. We are a warm, close Company. This is a strength – not a weakness.
24. We must continue building a professional Company – together – as a team.
25. Shared values can be altered with circumstances – but carefully and with tact and consideration for one another's needs.