Commercial General Liability
Canadian expertise and solutions.
Commercial General Liability insurance helps to protect your business from potential devastating monetary loss arising from such a lawsuit. The chances of a business getting sued for bodily injury, personal injury or property damage to a third party have dramatically increased.
Claims stemming from negligent acts by you, others within your organization or others acting on behalf of your organization, can arise from a variety of circumstances:
- A product you manufacture or supply causes bodily injury and/or property damage to a third party
- Property damage and/or bodily injury to a third party results from your business operations
- Allegations of libel, slander or defamation are brought against you by a third party
Commercial General Liability typically provides coverages for expense stemming from allegations of bodily injury or property damage such as:
- Amount the insurer spends to investigate or defend the claim or suit brought against you
- Other costs incurred directly by the insurance company, such as lawyer fees, witness fees, police report costs
- Any court costs or other costs assessed against you in a suit
- Reasonable expenses you incur at the insurance company's request to aid in your defence against a claim, such as your loss of income for a day spent in court
- Any judgment or settlement arising from a covered suit
- Any required interest on the judgment if the defence is unsuccessful
- Medical expenses for injured parties
- Premiums for any bonds required by a liability suit