The Gallagher Way
Leaders where it counts. Helping to face the future with Confidence.
While the world of Gallagher is ever expanding and evolving, we remain rooted in the principles that have informed our actions every day for generations. In 1984, then Chairman and CEO, Bob Gallagher, took time to write them down in his own hand.
These shared values built us. They guide us. They inspire us.
We work together as a team and harness our collective strengths to support our clients, business partners and each other.
We encourage creativity, resourcefulness and entrepreneurship to generate practical solutions that create client value and support business growth.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We take our responsibility as corporate citizens very seriously and make positive contributions to the communities in which we live and work.
Our focus is on people, not products. With our knowledge, insight and action, we help clients see the potential and not risk.
We demonstrate leadership in business and promote the professional development of our teammates to achieve their full potential.
Maintaining the highest standards in integrity and ethical practices has been a pillar of our success.
The Gallagher Way — Shared Values
Shared Values at Gallagher are the rock foundation of the Company and our Culture. What is a Shared Value? These are concepts that the vast majority of the movers and shakers in the Company passionately adhere to. What are some of Gallagher's Shared Values?
01. We are a Sales and Marketing Company dedicated to providing excellence in Risk Management Services to our clients
02. We support one another. We believe in one another. We acknowledge and respect the ability of one another
03. We push for professional excellence
04. We can all improve and learn from one another
05. There are no second-class citizens – everyone is important and everyone's job is important
06. We're an open society
07. Empathy for the other person is not a weakness
08. Suspicion breeds more suspicion. To trust and be trusted is vital
09. Leaders need followers. How leaders treat followers has a direct impact on the effectiveness of the leader
10. Interpersonal business relationships should be built
11. We all need one another. We are all cogs in a wheel
12. No department or person is an island
13. Professional courtesy is expected.
14. Never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do yourself
15. I consider myself support for our Sales and Marketing. We can't make things happen without each other. We are a team
16. Loyalty and respect are earned – not dictated
17. Fear is a turn-off
18. People skills are very important at Gallagher
19. We're a very competitive and aggressive Company
20. We run to problems – not away from them
21. We adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical behaviour
22. People work harder and are more effective when they're turned on – not turned off
23. We are a warm, close Company. This is a strength – not a weakness
24. We must continue building a professional Company – together – as a team
25. Shared values can be altered with circumstances – but carefully and with tact and consideration for one another's needs