Administrative Assistant | Markham, Ontario
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a balance of customer service expertise, communication and technical skills to join our Administration Team. The purpose of this role is to provide general administrative and office management support to all departments. The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of office support and administrative duties, such as reception, processing payments, composing and word processing a variety of standard documents and correspondence, relaying and resolving routine telephone and/or walk‐up inquiries, filing, scheduling meetings, processing forms, performing data entry, supply ordering and establishing and maintaining records.
Key Job Responsibilities
Answer telephones and direct the caller to appropriate associate; transfer caller to voice mailbox when associate is unavailable; takes and retrieves messages
- Greets and directs visitors to the company; manages reception area to maintain a professional image
- Receive, sort and forward incoming mail
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of all mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Serve as point person for organizing all large mailings
- Assist in the ordering, receiving,stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Performs ongoing administrative tasks and operational support activities
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Act as a liaison with other departments on basic administrative and operational matters
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Creating and maintaining document templates
Education and Experience Requirements
- Secondary school diploma required; post-secondary education an asset
- A reliable, dependable, professional individual with a minimum of two year’s administrative or business office experience; reception experience preferred
- Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Adobe Suite/InDesign
- Detail oriented, highly organized and customer service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Ability to multi‐task between a variety of tasks, projects, and deadlines
- Ability to work in a busy office with constant interruptions
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including; medical, dental, vision plans, life and accident insurance, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance programs, opportunity for flexible work hours, and training programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please sign up for our talent Network http://bit.ly/GallagherTalent. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Our Canadian roots run deep, dating back to 1890. In Canada, Gallagher employs close to 1200 people in more than 35 offices across the country.
For more information, visit our website www.ajgcanada.com.